Monday, March 1, 2010

Based on the Book

Well, I'm sure that you know by now that Alice in Wonderland will be in theatres very soon. Everywhere I look there is a buzz about the film. I have to say that personally I am very excited, and not just because I adore both Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, but because I truly love the books. I actually am re-reading them (for the third time) on my handy little I-Pod before I go see the movie. They are the first books I have read digitally, and it is kind of fun - I like turning the "digital page" :-) The illustrations are much better to look at in a print book, and if this is your first time reading the stories, that is what I would suggest. We have both Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass available for checkout in a number of formats.

Click here for a free ebook download of Alice in Wonderland.
ITunes also has a classic literature ap for only $.99 that includes both the Alice books as well as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Frankenstein, The Jungle and more. It can be found by searching "books" in the ap store.

And here is the trailer for what looks to be an amazing 3-D experience. I am anxious to see how he adapted the two books into one movie.

No comments: