Monday, April 27, 2009

Based on the Book

This week's based on the book feature is Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally, which was made into an Academy Award winning movie by Steven Spielburg in 1993. I am going to have to admit that I have never seen the movie. I was only 13 when it was released and it wasn't on the top of my "movies to watch" list, but now I think I might have to give it a try. We have the movie, the book and the audio book available for checkout.

"Schindler's List is a remarkable work of fiction based on the true story of German industrialist and war profiteer, Oskar Schindler, who, confronted with the horror of the extermination camps, gambled his life and fortune to rescue 1,300 Jews from the gas chambers.

Working with the actual testimony of Schindler's Jews, Thomas Keneally artfully depicts the courage and shrewdness of an unlikely savior, a man who is a flawed mixture of hedonism and decency and who, in the presence of unutterable evil, transcends the limits of his own humanity."

Click Here to watch an interview with Steven Spielberg on Schindler's List

The book synopsis was found at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

No comments: