Monday, November 23, 2009

Based on the Book

When I went to see Where The Wild Things Are, I became overly excited when I saw a preview for Wes Anderson's new stop-motion animation film The Fantastic Mr. Fox, especaillay when I discovered it is based on a Roald Dahl book. I am a huge fan of stop-motion and Roald Dahl, and when I found the two have been melded into what looks to be a beautiful and meticulously made film, I nearly wet myself. Wes Anderson is the creator of the movies The Royal Tannenbaums (wonderful film) and A Life Aquatic. Dahl is one of my favorite juvenile authors, and I have never read a book by him that I did not like. We have the book here at the library, so be sure to stop by and check it out if you or your children plan on seeing the movie.

Here are a few videos I found concerning the film, including the theatrical trailer:


No comments: