Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Based on the Book

Although I am a firm believer in Christmas time starting after Thanksgiving, I am going to go ahead and post a Christmas novel this week, since the new movie is playing at our theatre. So if you haven't guessed yet, the book of the week is A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

I've never read the book, but my father did try to read it to me when I was quite little, around five or six. It didn't work out so well due to my miniature attention span at that age, and I have yet to squeeze it in to my holiday schedule. We have a large number of Christmas Carol versions in our library, from children's cassettes and videos to juvenile adaptations. Of course we have the original, by Charles Dickens, in both audio and book form.

The new movie looks wonderfully well done. I have a firm rule, much to the dismay of our 9 year old, about no Christmas movies before Thanksgiving, but I may just have to break the rule this year. Here is the trailer:

No comments: