Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yann Martel Interview

We recently added the book Life of Pi by Yann Martel to our collection, which won the Mann Booker Prize in 2002. It is the story of a boy and a tiger stranded together at sea in a small boat, and the difficulties that arise from such a situation (which I'm sure are many). As I was processing the book, it sounded good, so I added it to my much-too-long list of books to read. Then today, I stumbled across an interview with the author while cataloging the July/August edition of Writer's Digest magazine, so I thought I would share it with you. He seems to be an author to watch, and I am going to recommend we purchase his new book, Beatrice and Virgil, which concerns the subject of the Holocaust.

It also appears that this writer has an interesting side project concerning reader advisory as well. Click here for more info.

No comments: