Monday, December 29, 2008

Based on the Book

I went to the movies and watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night and it was amazing. So I thought to myself "I bet the book is better" because they usually are, as any reader would know, and I became even more excited when I discovered the book was written by F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books.) At first it didn't look like we had the story, but with some digging I found it in Fitzgerald: Novels and Stories 1920-1922, and was surprised to discover it is actually a short story about 30 pages long. The movie was pretty lengthy (about 2&1/2 hours) so it will be interesting to see what the differences are.

But I don't plan on checking the book out until I finish the one I started a few days ago, so come on in, read the story and then go downtown and watch the movie. It is definately worth the $6.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to read that book, I really want to read it before watching the movie :) You're right though, the book/short story, is probably better than the movie.

Tiffany said...

If you'd like me to hold the copy for you, just let me know and I would be happy to. Have you been to see the movie yet?